PwC is the world’s largest firm of professional advisors. Our Forensic Technology Services team specializes in providing the technology skills required to respond to crisis events such as legal disputes, regulatory investigations and information security incidents.
As a Consultant you could be searching the personal computer and smartphone of an executive suspected of intellectual property theft, or working with law firms to help facilitate a client’s disclosure. These are some of the challenges you’ll face as part of the team in one of the largest dedicated forensic technology practices in the world.
Join us and you’ll get to work on high-profile projects alongside industry-recognized specialists in computer forensics, data analytics, cybercrime, electronic discovery, information management and disclosure.
This position is based in Moscow, however candidates should also be prepared to travel as some of our opportunities can require team members to work at client site.
- Much of our work centers on the identification, collection and analysis of large volumes of data searching for relevant information. And because we operate in an environment where speed of response is often critical to our clients, we are constantly innovating and drawing on the very latest technologies.
- The nature of what we do means that many of our clients have an international reach. And our engagements frequently involve working in cross-border teams alongside regulators, legal advisors and other parts of PwC – often in overseas locations. Despite these common factors, however, you can rest assured that no two jobs, or indeed days, are ever quite the same.
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Forensically obtaining data from computers, servers and mobile devices; ensuring that the evidential integrity of the data is maintained and is not compromised.
- Performing in-depth forensic analysis, data recovery and normalization of data in preparation for review by investigators or legal counsel.
- Consulting clients on business issues, often explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Drafting reports and presentations to explain our findings.
- Researching new products, tools and techniques to assist with streamlining internal processes and methods of presenting results to clients.
Successful candidates' profile
- If you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and methodological manner, we would be interested in talking to you.
- To be considered you must have a degree in Information Technology (e.g. Computer Science, Programming etc.), in IT Security or in any other relevant discipline (Applied Math, etc.) and the following principal skills:
- General/Good knowledge of common enterprise IT infrastructure and processes;
- English language at Intermediate level or higher;
- General/Good knowledge of server/desktop hardware and RAID levels;
- General/Good knowledge of SQL, Python, R, PHP, C++ is a plus.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to come up with creative solutions to complex problems;
- Strong communication skills;
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude;
- The ability to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under tight deadlines;
- The ability to work independently with little supervision, but integrate well into teams;
- Concise and clear communication when presenting and explaining results and findings;
- A strong desire to learn and willingness to share knowledge.
In return we provide a structured career path and full training in the forensic and data analytics tools that we use.