Instead of a rigid vacancy, we offer the opportunity to jointly assess how best to
- develop your skills
- mitigate your limitations
- satisfy your aspirations.
STEELEMOTION is FREEDOM TO WORK as per your own JobDesign, in a small but global team with annual sales of $ 10 M.
It is for one who prefers to be a pillar of a small team rather than a screw in a big corporation.
It is for one who chooses live work with people much more than caressing the computer keyboard.
- Since 1995, our work has been purchasing, stocking, processing, transport and sale of
- Steel plates
- Flame-cut steel shapes
- Metallurgical equipment, spares and consumables.
- We operate in the global steel industry with a focus on
- Purchases in China and Italy
- Sales in the EU, USA and RU-speaking markets.
- The heart of our work is on the road - in the suppliers’ and customers’ factories and offices. This calls for youthful energy but also mature, professional negotiations, visiting at least 15 clients each month.
- Our daily operations “office” is online, enabling real time continuous TransparentTeamwork of colleagues on four continents.
- In strategically located hubs of our work - China, Italy, Ukraine, (to open in Russia), we have campuses where, when opportune, our team members live and work.
- The art of trading in our circumstances calls for multiple qualities :
- Analytical skills and logical thought of a chess player
- Communication skills and mobility of a diplomat
- Sharp commercial acumen of a street vendor
- Focused commitment of a marathon runner
- Patient persistence of a ballet dancer
- Optimism of a mountain climber
- Creative initiative of a child
- Empathy of a priest
- Charm of a panda
- … And an earnest sense of humour.
- Experience is welcome but not essential. More importantly, one must have
- Professional maturity powered by youthful energy
- Excellent literacy : the ability to write-read-speak-listen with meaningful eloquence in at least two languages
- Numeracy at 1st year algebra level
- Disciplined logiical thinking resulting in precision of communication
- The commitment and ability to learn, day in - day out !
- We do not offer a rigidly defined vacancy - a cubicle into which to slot you. We do not offer just a job to pay the bills. We offer a career opportunity !
- IF and only IF it is a fast-track career development you seek, please respond with a COVER LETTER explaining just WHY you wish to explore the compatibility of our work with your skills, limitations and aspirations.
RECRUITMENT STAGES GUIDE:
- Q & A in writing through Skype
- Online observation and participation in our work (1 week)
- Paid trial work - a showcase project of your choosing (1-2 weeks)
- Live interview (or alternatively in Skype)
- Live observation of our work in visits to suppliers and clients
- Becoming a pillar of this small but global team - a tiny boutique with sales of $ 10 M in the world steel trade worth $ 1 tn.